I found that whenever I would go into a sharp dip the skis would bend and the bindings would release and I would inevitably be sprung into a faceplant...no fun. this happened enough times to know that it is the bindings with that kind of terrain and that it was not a good choice for inbounds skiing. Since I had so much sciatic pain in the last few years I stopped touring and just kept with good alpine bindings. In fact, I think that the failed bindings and also a failed brake one time after the skis had traveled, may have been the cause of all the sciatica. Now that the pain is gone and I can make my way on skis vertically and uphill, I was considering an AT set up or perhaps resurrecting my old skis and bindings for those days that I might choose to earn turns. Honestly, I prefer the downhill and would rather ride a lift up, but I see the benefits of skinning and I surely could use a good aerobic workout. Trying to get into shape for ski season...maybe I will excavate the skier's edge from storage.