I got to try out the boots on Saturday, but I took the plastic sole pieces out and to have enough room in the boot to ski, though my toes were touching the top and it was a little painful, but I was able to ski. I rode my friend's Sin 7s and they were pretty fun. It felt ok and I took about 10 runs before my feet hurt too much. The sun was still shining so I switched into my alpine boots and they felt so great and fit like a glove. Alpine skiing is so much easier. My mind was much freer without the free heels.

I will reheat the boots in the oven this week and try it again with a thicker toe cap. Looking to free the heel and the mind simultaneously.