As luck would have, it, they  were concentrating on buffing up the already-opened terrain on Thursday with their massive snowmaking capacity rather than laying down sno-cone goo on the (WAY too green) bare slopes.   Rather than skinning up in the full blast I opted to boot pack it up Hitchcock for a 1-run & done day.

Even though it was a balmy 27F in the parking lot, the "ski 100 yards, scrape ice off glasses, thaw out face, repeat" on Challenger wasn't NEARLY as fun as the dry-rain cruise on Conifer the prior day!   Unlike most years I encountered but a single companion snow-slider, a snowboarder contemplating the beginning of his run from just below the upper lift station.

The tradition has survived yet another year- hopefully 2018 will bring something worth more than one run!

dana