My assistant just took a very strange call from a Newport Vt number, (802) 673-0742.  The man asked if we could provide him with Social Security numbers.  After seeming concerned that we should be able to provide this info he asked if he would be better served calling Montpelier.  This person obviously does not understand the idea of confidentiality or even where SS#s come from.  I just wanted to give you a heads up.  I wish I had thought to get a name but we were too busy scratching our heads wondering what in the world this person could possibly be thinking.

Happy last work day of 2017!

~Deanna

Deanna-Dee Robitaille, CVC
Montgomery Town Clerk & Treasurer
PO Box 356, 98 Main Street
Montgomery Center, VT  05471
(802) 326-4719

NOTICE
Under Vermont’s public records law, documents - including e-mail - in the possession of public officials about town business are classified as public records and subject to view by any person asking to see them unless excluded under the Public Records Act.