pertinent updates on this from Google, since yesterday.

"We have identified the root cause and have pushed a fix that we believe
will resolve this issue for affected customers. Please note that in order
to receive this fix, you will have to manually connect affected devices to
a network."

https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/7583402

   1. *Connect to a network. *On each affected device, connect to a network.
   2. *Update the policies.* Once connected, the Chrome device will
   automatically fetch an updated Chrome policy, which will resolve this
   issue. To ensure that the policies are updated, go to chrome://policy and
   press *Reload policies*.

Once you complete these steps, the Chrome device will reconnect to the
managed WiFi network automatically.

or

Option A: Create a new open network and instruct users to connect

Option B: Manually connect to an existing open network

Option C: Use a phone hotspot with Open WiFi

Option D: Manually re-enter WPA-PSK passphrase

Option E: Use an Ethernet connection with USB adapter