Hi,
I have been using a 14" basic HP Chromebook for a few years now and find
that when I am at my desk I prefer to have an external mouse and I also use
a wrist pad for the keyboard AND the mouse.  I also have my chair height
adjusted so that when I am typing, my hands and elbows are horizontally
aligned.  Having your hands higher than your elbows can lead to problems.
(When not at my desk, this can be hard to achieve!)
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/in-depth/office-ergonomics/art-20046169

Jean

Jean Campbell
CESU Technology Support