We have made the switch, but we have done it in stages and with a plan.
There has been some push-back, but not nearly as one would expect.  Off the
top of my head, we are probably at 50-60% faculty using Chromebooks.
First, we started this last year with the Acer Chromebook 14 for Work and
this year we went with the HP Chromebook 13 G1.  Both have 8GB RAM and are
significantly "nicer" than student Chromebooks.  Now, for the groups/plan:

Group A) Teachers that want to switch right away, they swap their Mac/Win
for a teacher Chromebook, no questions asked.
Group B) Teachers that want to test-drive a teacher Chromebook but don't
want to give back their Mac/Win laptop until the end of the school year.
Group C) Teachers that want never want a Chromebook under any circumstance,
they want to retire with their Mac/Win laptop. That's fine, they can keep
it, but they will never get an upgrade. They can move to Group B or A
anytime.
Group D) New teachers automatically get a teacher Chromebook.

Now, some parts of the success we have had with this plan is that 1) we eat
our own dog food - I, and our IT staff, have been using a Chromebook
exclusively for at least 4-5 years (before we even thought about bringing
this to teachers), so the whole "If I can do it, you can do it" lends some
weight. And 2) Administrators are in the exact same boat.  And right now,
probably half of our Admin team including new principals and our
Superintendent are using Chromebooks.  Finally, the fact that we aren't
mandating a forced switch for everyone (Group C) has helped some of the
heartburn.  Change is difficult, but it can be done.

Hope that helps,

Larry