We are looking at a few different platforms.  My current preference is
Protean as a workspace to load evidence, set goals, etc. and then a Wix or
Weebly site as the actual portfolio.  Protean will travel with students no
matter where they go, as will a Wix or Weebly site.  The latter two have
awesome design features and can create really professional looking sites
which can't really be accomplished in Google (even with the new sites, in
my opinion).  Protean is a great space to set goals, load evidence, share
progress, and do the basic work of PLP's.

Just my two cents!
Lori