Good morning everyone
on behalf of Vita-Learn Project IGNITE  - Welcome to Day 2 of Hour of Code
Week
What fun to watch all the evidence of our students learning to code this
week.  I've created a storify
https://storify.com/techsavvygirl/vermont-hour-of-code-2017
Keep on sharing!
There are instructions on how to share here
<http://thinkaboutcode.blogspot.com/p/add-your-voice.html>
and the secret email address is  [log in to unmask]

I want to say a big THANK YOU to Peter Drescher from the Agency of
Education and Leah Joly and her students for an inspiring conversation
streamed live this morning with engineers from NRG systems on Coding Smart
Objects.

The software and firmware engineers from NRG were totally impressed with
the projects that the Williston School students created and coded using
Microbits  and Circuit Playground.   If you have been wondering about the
Microbit,  I would encourage you to watch the archive of Tuesdays Hour of
Code guest speaker series
You can watch it here <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PifbHGTLqRg>

Tomorrow morning our guest speakers series will continue with a focus on
younger learners  with students from Bradford Elementary and Tunbridge
School and two more  members of the Code community.

On Thursday we'll be hearing from Vermont High School students from CVU and
BFA St. Albans along with members of the code community in Vermont

You can check out the  the whole Vermont guest speakers series here

http://thinkaboutcode.blogspot.com/p/guest-spakers.html

Keep on coding and sharing everyone!

Lucie

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 11:25 AM, Drescher, Peter <[log in to unmask]