From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Leslie, Ben
Sent: Thursday, December 7, 2017 9:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Ransomware, encryption, mapped drives and redirected home folders.

While I'm fairly educated about ransomware, I've been asking myself what would happen to network mapped drives or users redirected "home" folders to a network server?

Would the mapped drives and redirected folders get encrypted, would the entire network volume get encrypted, or does most ransomware just target local folders?

Ben Leslie

Battenkill Valley Supervisory Union

P: 802-375-2589 ext. 144

P: 802-375-6409