Peter
This is really helpful!

I'm curious if anyone on School-IT  uses  any 3rd party captioning service.
And what the cost of such service is?

I have been playing with adding SRT Closed caption  files to Voicethread and also editting the automatic sync ones that YouTube can create, but curious to hear from someone who has a license to  3Play Media, Amara, or CaptionSync

I'd love to chat with you to try  the feature that  integrates that license with VoiceThread to enable one-click professional captioning.

Does anyone on here use such services?   How expensive are they?

Lucie