Jeff - I agree always good to see other ideas, and thanks Mark for actually
providing some content to share as example.  Helpful.

The OER Open Educational Resources/content management discussion could well
be it's own topic/post/thread.

The commons license terms are here, and may be relevant.  OAL - Open Author
Licensing is a relevant concept.

https://iskme.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203529625-Open-Author-Licensing

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 9:31 AM, Jeff Renard <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> Interesting thread.
>
> Along these same lines, does any district/school have policies in place to
> accompany the use of technology as it pertains to the creation of content?
> If school devices are used, do schools require inventory of the curriculum
> developed? (i.e. Work made for hire.)
>
> As we expand Vermont's efforts on the OER front, it would be interesting
> to see sample language schools might have pertaining to the development of
> content and "ownership" so that more resource sharing could happen through
> OER Commons.
>

> On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Rebecca Machia <[log in to unmask]
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Will,
>> Always a toughie - we want teachers to use devices to learn, plan, and
>> prepare, however, we need to maintain the security of those devices.
>>
>> I've adopted a routine of using the month of June for just this purpose.
>> That way, I'm not interfering with summer time learning and I'm still able
>> to get some hands on time.  I also update devices over the winter break so
>> that I'm not an entire year behind.
>>
>> Rebecca Machia
>> ACMT, MCP
>> Morristown Elementary School
>>

> --
>
> *Jeff Renard*
> Director
>
> Vermont Virtual Learning Cooperative
> 307 South Street
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=307+South+Street+%0D+Springfield,+VT+05156%0D+(802&entry=gmail&source=g>
> Springfield, VT 05156
>
> (802) 885-8331 phone
> (802) 885-8454 fax

> *Twitter:* @vtvlcjeff
> *LinkedIn:* https://www.linkedin.com
> <https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jeff-renard/22/337/69>
> *Facebook:* https://www.facebook.com/vermontvirtual
>

> Need to have a quick phone chat? *Schedule a time.
> <https://calendly.com/jrenard>*
>

> *WARNING*: This message may contain information that is confidential
> and/or protected under the Family Rights and Privacy Act or other lawfully
> recognized privilege. If you received this message in error or through
> inappropriate means, please reply to this message to notify the Sender that
> the message was received by you in error, and then permanently delete this
> message from all storage media, without forwarding or retaining a copy.

Craig Donnan
Network Administrator
Essex Westford School District
Essex High School B116
2 Educational Drive
Essex Jct, VT 05452

Direct to desk: 802-857-7130

*If you need immediate assistance please contact **our helpdesk at
*802-857-7000
ext 1234 or *[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]>*.*

*For Technology News click here
<http://www.ccsuvt.org/category/blog/tech-news>.*

The information contained in this communication, including any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from  the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-879-8192 or return e-mail,and delete any copies of this message immediately. Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the communication.