Thanks all for weighing in on this.  It has been very helpful.  Being that we are just starting to acquire Chromebooks, I especially like the idea of offering one to teachers while IT services their Mac or PC.  As we populate our schools with Chromebooks, it would give teachers a chance to use one and get used to the concept of cloud computing.