Lucie,

No discussion regarding ergonomics, however, I agree with you that if a device is going to be used for extended time each day, then user habits as well as device layout could be looked at.  (As someone who has had the responsibility in previous employment to look at ergonomics, I think this is something that has had very little address in the Educational realm - perhaps I just have not been listening for that conversation and optimistically oblivious to the subject.)  Keyboard size, distance of the keyboard from front edge of device, screen size...all factors in ergonomics, and more so is HOW the user interacts with the device, especially for extended periods of time.

Students in the schools I support use the CTL NL6 series Chromebook and it looks like we will be moving to the J5 for Staff.  I am, again, optimistic that the flip/touch Chromebook fits both Staff and Student needs in the Chrome and Android markets (keyboarded and tablet dual functionality)...we shall see.  My opinion is that we (Staff) should use as similar device as possible to what Students use.  Granted, the OS and most functionality doesn't change greatly between Chromebook models.  Both are 11.6" screen models.

As with any device choice, the user's needs (and habits?) should be part of the discussion before purchase.

I look forward to others' comments on this thread.

Keith