At SBHS we are using the New Google Sites and like it that students have to build their own site instead of using the template.  It is so easy to add a page, that we are having students add a page at a time in Advisory.  The sites don’t look identical, but that’s fine by me; I’m glad if they can reflect the learner a bit more.  Even so, portfolios seem to feel like something done TO kids rather than something they are populating on their own.

I’m not at all happy with the sharing/publishing of new sites.  Anyone else?

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Caroline Patrie
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 2:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: New Google Sites as PLP/ePortfolio

My understanding is that the "Classic" sites is going away over time? Is that correct, Lucie? Can those of us who are Google Schools here in VT get a more definitive answer from Google?

I think if we knew it was sticking around, we might be thinking more in the way Lucie is suggesting? With no guarantee, it is hard to commit to building a system around something that is "depreciating over time".

Caroline Patrie

Personalized Learning Science Educator, Mt. Abraham UMHS

ANESU Science Coordinator

Bristol, VT

802-453-2333 ext. 1107

WARNING: This message may contain information that is confidential and/or protected under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act or other lawfully recognized privilege.  If you receive this message in error or through inappropriate means, please reply to this message to notify the sender that the message was received by you in error, and then permanently delete this message from all storage media, without forwarding or retaining a copy.

Image result for education quotes