We are looking at a few different platforms.  My current preference is Protean as a workspace to load evidence, set goals, etc. and then a Wix or Weebly site as the actual portfolio.  Protean will travel with students no matter where they go, as will a Wix or Weebly site.  The latter two have awesome design features and can create really professional looking sites which can't really be accomplished in Google (even with the new sites, in my opinion).  Protean is a great space to set goals, load evidence, share progress, and do the basic work of PLP's.

Just my two cents!
Lori