Hello all:

Happy Hour of Code week folks!  Hopefully some of your schools are taking part in the activities and starting some conversations locally about coding and computer science.

We had a great kick off day for it here at the Agency yesterday, we invited State Legislators to join us as we had some students in-house that acted as teachers in showing adults some coding examples.  It was great!  Elementary students from E. Montpelier school (Wash. Central SU)  as well as High schoolers and Mid schoolers from Montpelier showed up and did the tutoring.  We had Agency folks cycling through in the AM to work with the students as well.  We only had one legislator come by, Rep. Dylan Giambatista from Chittenden County, but it was a great event nevertheless and gave some adults unfamiliar with coding a window in to what is possible.

Through the week, and with a partnership with Vita Learn, there are lots of things happening that your schools can tune into.  Just check out the website at

http://thinkaboutcode.blogspot.com  and join us one at one of the activities or discussions.

The VT Agency of Education is happy to share any activities you are doing for Hour of Code week.  We’d also like to feature some of those activities through our social media channels.

Please be sure to use the hashtags #vted and #hourofcode

Happy coding!

Peter Drescher

VT Agency of Education

219 N. Main St. Suite 402