Dear Claudia:

A couple of ideas come to my mind.  One really engaged agroecologist is
Fernando Funes and his companion Claudia who have taken advantage of the
recent legislation to give land to anyone who wants to farm is a life-long
lease. They have established Finca Marta
<http://forhumanliberation.blogspot.com/2016/02/2204-finca-de-marta-successful.html>,
names after Fernando's mother Marta who was an agroecologist and died about
8 years ago.

An institutional group is the Cuban Association of Agricultural and
Forestry Technicians (ACTAF) agroecology program
<http://forhumanliberation.blogspot.com/2017/06/2628-cuban-agriculture-moves-toward.html>
which
your friends can contact for information.

The key problem is that these and others who I know in Cuba are very busy
people who cannot make themselves available to occasional tourists no
matter how well-intentioned they may be.

Still, your friends can write to them now or call these places when they
are in Cuba to see if there is any chance they can pay them a visit.

Best,

Kamran

--
Kamran Nayeri