Still, your friends can write to them now or call these places when they are in Cuba to see if there is any chance they can pay them a visit.

Best,

Kamran

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Claudia Pine <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Two people going to Cuba next month are seeking contacts for visits, especially in the areas of food justice / environmental sustainability /urban ag.  Anyone have contacts for them?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Genna Cherichello <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 12:23 PM
Subject: Re: [COMFOOD: ] Digest for list comfood
To: [log in to unmask]edu
Cc: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

I would like to piggyback on Julie's request. I am going to Cuba in January, primarily in the Havana and Vinales areas. I am seeking to visit some local agriculture and food justice projects, as well as waste mitigation (worm farms, recycling, other kinds of composting, creative reuse, etc.). I have a rough itinerary which I would be willing to share, but am not having as much luck with getting contact information to plan visits. Any recommendations of not-to-miss things, preferably those with contact information or other kinds of formal connections, would be wonderful.

Thank you all!

P.S. Julie, if you would be able to share your Havana information, that would be amazing.