Have you been wondering how to get started with BreakOut EDU?
Want a chance to win your own kit  or borrow a kit to try it out?

Come join the SW Regional Vita-Learn meeting Tuesday, January 30th from 4-6pm!

Please RSVP here.

HOSTED By
Proctor Elementary School
14 School Street
Proctor, VT

We're so excited to have Erica Zimmer show us how Breakout EDU works and how the team at RCSU has used the kits in a variety of classrooms.  The Breakout EDU kit allows for the facilitation of games where players use teamwork and critical thinking to solve a series of challenging puzzles in order to open the locked box. Games are available for all ages and content areas.  Breakout EDU games transfer the ownership of learning from the instructor to the student, making it easy to observe how learners approach problem-solving and apply their knowledge. In addition to the content knowledge needed to succeed in a specific game, all Breakout EDU games require critical thinking, collaboration, creativity and communication. A Breakout EDU game provides learners with many opportunities to fail forward. Every unsuccessful attempt to open a lock forces the player to try again.

We'll have one kit as our doorprize, plus one kit to share inside our region.

AGENDA:

Meet and Greet
Vita-Learn SW Updates
Breakout EDU orientation and game play
Social time
Food
Breakout EDU kit giveaway if we get more than 10 attendees, so bring your friends!

Hope to see you there!!

--
Vita-Learn Southwest Region Coordinator:

Karen McCalla - Mill River Union High School Librarian

Vita-Learn is a Non-profit in Vermont that is committed to preparing today's learners for the demands of tomorrow. Vita-Learn's mission is to promote and support the use of information technology to transform Vermont education through the provision of professional development, training and networking opportunities.

--
Lucie deLaBruere
www.LearningWithLucie.com

Google Voice (802) 557 0013