We lease through SPC (Specialized Purchasing Consultants) and they use
Canon USA out of Williston for Copiers and OSV (Office Systems of VT) out
of Barre for Kyocera printers. We insisted on limited models of copiers and
printers from each manufacturer to reduce the amount of toner types we have
to keep on hand as well as limiting the quantity and types of print drivers
to manage. We also wanted all machines with identical control panels for
ease of user management and end user training. The tech that services your
account is more critical than the company providing the machine. A good
tech will make for a good experience through the life of the machine. I
serviced copiers for 23 years so I do a lot of the initial basic fixes to
keep my users happy (I am also factory certified on most of the machines in
our district) and all my techs servicing our account from Canon and OSV
have been fantastic (they are also all former coworkers).
Both companies are also on the state contract so you can go through the
state contract without having to get multiple bids.

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 2:39 PM, Dennis DeWeerdt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Anybody have strong feelings one way or another on your copier company?
>
> Our lease is about to run out and we are looking at purchasing vs.
> leasing. We are leaning towards purchasing. Also, who would be a good
> service company?
>
> Thanks in advance for any input.
>
> Dennis
>

> --
> Dennis DeWeerdt
> District Systems Administrator
> Bennington Rutland Supervisory Union
> 6378 Vermont Route 7A Sunderland, VT 05250
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=6378+Vermont+Route+7A+Sunderland,+VT+05250&entry=gmail&source=g>
>
> "The business of life is the acquisition of memories." Charles Carson
> [Downton Abbey]
>
> ♻ Please consider the environment before printing this.
> solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.
> prohibited.
>

> <https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
> <https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mailtrack-for-gmail-inbox/ndnaehgpjlnokgebbaldlmgkapkpjkkb?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality>

Robert Whitcomb
MEMS IT Dept.
42 Herrick Avenue
Milton VT 05468

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
isfor the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidentialand privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, ordistribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, pleasecontact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy/delete all
copies of theoriginal message.*