From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Robert Whitcomb
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2018 2:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Copier companies

We lease through SPC (Specialized Purchasing Consultants) and they use Canon USA out of Williston for Copiers and OSV (Office Systems of VT) out of Barre for Kyocera printers. We insisted on limited models of copiers and printers from each manufacturer to reduce the amount of toner types we have to keep on hand as well as limiting the quantity and types of print drivers to manage. We also wanted all machines with identical control panels for ease of user management and end user training. The tech that services your account is more critical than the company providing the machine. A good tech will make for a good experience through the life of the machine. I serviced copiers for 23 years so I do a lot of the initial basic fixes to keep my users happy (I am also factory certified on most of the machines in our district) and all my techs servicing our account from Canon and OSV have been fantastic (they are also all former coworkers).

Both companies are also on the state contract so you can go through the state contract without having to get multiple bids.