We use SPC and are quite happy, and have saved money through them.  SPC is
a copier contract aggregator so they bundle hundreds or thousands of
contracts together during a bid process to get top pricing.  They act as an
agent for our vendor relationship, offering leverage and problem
resolution.  The database they build helps manage notifications and
inventory, and provides proactive reporting on usage.

What I'm working on is financial incentives for printing reduction.  I
haven't resolved that one, but requiring individual schools to pay for
their printing support and showing how they can save money, is a start, so
the accountability for cost is felt closely to where the source of the use
is.

I looked at Paper Cut to manage printing, and that software's whole
objective is to reduce and make efficient the print function, so the jobs
are printed to the least cost printer first, etc.  But that solution is
pricey, and out of our range.

Our vendors are OSV and National.  OSV has been great, very diligent and
dug in when we have had issues, trouble adapting as an organization to new
devices.

Our printers are Kyocera, mostly 2135 and 3045's through National.  Our
copiers are Toshiba through OSV, and some Kyocera multifunction.

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 2:39 PM, Dennis DeWeerdt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Anybody have strong feelings one way or another on your copier company?
>
> Our lease is about to run out and we are looking at purchasing vs.
> leasing. We are leaning towards purchasing. Also, who would be a good
> service company?
>
> Thanks in advance for any input.
>
> Dennis
>

> --
> Dennis DeWeerdt
> District Systems Administrator
> Bennington Rutland Supervisory Union
> 6378 Vermont Route 7A Sunderland, VT 05250
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=6378+Vermont+Route+7A+Sunderland,+VT+05250&entry=gmail&source=g>
>
> "The business of life is the acquisition of memories." Charles Carson
> [Downton Abbey]
>
> ♻ Please consider the environment before printing this.
> solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.
> prohibited.
>

> <https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
> <https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mailtrack-for-gmail-inbox/ndnaehgpjlnokgebbaldlmgkapkpjkkb?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality>

Craig Donnan
Network Administrator
Essex Westford School District
Essex High School B116
2 Educational Drive
Essex Jct, VT 05452

Direct to desk: 802-857-7130

*If you need immediate assistance please contact **our helpdesk at
*802-857-7000
ext 1234 or *[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]>*.*

*For Technology News click here
<http://www.ccsuvt.org/category/blog/tech-news>.*

The information contained in this communication, including any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from  the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-879-8192 or return e-mail,and delete any copies of this message immediately. Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the communication.