We use SPC and are quite happy, and have saved money through them.  SPC is a copier contract aggregator so they bundle hundreds or thousands of contracts together during a bid process to get top pricing.  They act as an agent for our vendor relationship, offering leverage and problem resolution.  The database they build helps manage notifications and inventory, and provides proactive reporting on usage.

What I'm working on is financial incentives for printing reduction.  I haven't resolved that one, but requiring individual schools to pay for their printing support and showing how they can save money, is a start, so the accountability for cost is felt closely to where the source of the use is.

I looked at Paper Cut to manage printing, and that software's whole objective is to reduce and make efficient the print function, so the jobs are printed to the least cost printer first, etc.  But that solution is pricey, and out of our range.

Our vendors are OSV and National.  OSV has been great, very diligent and dug in when we have had issues, trouble adapting as an organization to new devices.

Our printers are Kyocera, mostly 2135 and 3045's through National.  Our copiers are Toshiba through OSV, and some Kyocera multifunction.