	*Office of the President
*

	January 16, 2018

To:   UVM Community

From: Tom Sullivan, President
    David Rosowsky, Provost and Senior Vice President
     Wanda Heading-Grant, Vice President for Human Resources,
Diversity, and Multicultural Affairs
    Annie Stevens, Vice Provost for Student Affairs

RE: Flyers Posted on Campus

We regret to inform you that a small number of flyers espousing
offensive, racist, anti-immigration views were found yesterday in the
vicinity of the UVM Green, posted by an as yet unknown individual or
individuals. These abhorrent views are an assault on our values as an
institution, as articulated in /Our Common Ground/. We condemn these
flyers unequivocally and in the strongest possible terms. Our
University strives to maintain a welcoming environment for _*all*_
members of our community.

This matter has been referred to UVM Police Services for investigation
and to the AAEEO Office and the University Bias Response Team.

Let us be clear, _*respect and civility*_ are core values expected of
all members of the University community and visitors to our campus.

*OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT*
349 Waterman Building
85 South Prospect Street, Burlington, VT 05405
(802) 656-7878  [log in to unmask] 	Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer