[log in to unmask]" alt="" class=""> Office of the President

January 16, 2018

To: UVM Community

From: Tom Sullivan, President
David Rosowsky, Provost and Senior Vice President
Wanda Heading-Grant, Vice President for Human Resources, Diversity, and Multicultural Affairs
Annie Stevens, Vice Provost for Student Affairs

RE: Flyers Posted on Campus

We regret to inform you that a small number of flyers espousing offensive, racist, anti-immigration views were found yesterday in the vicinity of the UVM Green, posted by an as yet unknown individual or individuals. These abhorrent views are an assault on our values as an institution, as articulated in Our Common Ground. We condemn these flyers unequivocally and in the strongest possible terms. Our University strives to maintain a welcoming environment for all members of our community.

This matter has been referred to UVM Police Services for investigation and to the AAEEO Office and the University Bias Response Team.

Let us be clear, respect and civility are core values expected of all members of the University community and visitors to our campus.

OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
349 Waterman Building
85 South Prospect Street, Burlington, VT 05405
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer