	*Office of the President
*

	January 29, 2018

From: ††† Tom Sullivan

To: ††† ††† University of Vermont Faculty, Staff and Students

Re: ††† ††† Presidentís /Our Common Ground/ Staff Award

I am pleased to announce the call for nominations for the 2018
Presidentís Our Common Ground Staff Award.† The award recognizes six
staff members who exemplify the qualities of the University of Vermontís
/Our Common Ground/, the statement of aspirations and shared values for
the UVM Community. The Award is presented to University of Vermont staff
members who have made extraordinary contributions and who have had a
significant impact on our University, as demonstrated through the values
expressed in /Our Common Ground/
<http://www.uvm.edu/president/staffaward/?Page=ourcommonground.html>.†
The recipients will each receive a prize of $1,000 and be recognized on
a permanent plaque.

Faculty, staff and students may nominate staff members for the
Presidentís /Our Common Ground/ Staff Award. A Committee will review
nominations and select the six recipients. The attached contains
additional information about the award including the criteria and the
nomination process. Information is also available on the Presidentís
/Our Common Ground/ Staff Award website.
<http://www.uvm.edu/president/staffaward/>

The deadline to submit nominations is February 23, 2018. Nominations
should be submitted using the link on the Presidentís /Our Common
Ground/ Staff Award webpage
<http://www.uvm.edu/president/staffaward/?Page=nominations.html>.
Nomi-nations may also be sent to Gary Derr, Vice President for Executive
Operations at [log in to unmask] or 347A Waterman Building. The winners
will be announced later in spring 2018 and will be recognized at an
awards brunch on Monday, May 7, 2018.

I hope that you will take advantage of this opportunity to recognize a
member of our staff for their outstanding contributions and service to
the University of Vermont.

*/Our Common Ground/*

        We aspire to be a Community that values:

        *RESPECT*. We respect each other. We listen to each other,
        encourage each other, and care about each other. We are
        strengthened by our diverse perspectives.

        *INTEGRITY.* We value fairness, straightforward conduct,
        adherence to the facts, and sincerity. We acknowledge when
        things have not turned out the way we had hoped. As stewards of
        the University of Vermont, we are honest and ethical in all
        responsibilities entrusted to us.

        *INNOVATION.* We want to be at the forefront of change and
        believe that the best way to lead is to learn from our successes
        and mistakes and continue to grow. We are forward-looking and
        break new ground in addressing important community and societal
        needs.

        *OPENNESS. *We encourage the open exchange of information and
        ideas from all quarters of the community. We believe that
        through collaboration and participation, each of us has an
        important role in determining the direction and well-being of
        our community.

        *JUSTICE.* As a just community, we unite against all forms of
        injustice, including, but not limited to, racism. We reject
        bigotry, oppression, degradation, and harass-ment, and we
        challenge injustice toward any member of our community.

        *RESPONSIBILITY.* We are personally and collectively responsible
        for our words and deeds. We stand together to uphold Our Common
        Ground.

*OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT*
349 Waterman Building
85 South Prospect Street, Burlington, VT 05405
(802) 656-7878 ē [log in to unmask] 	Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer