	*Office of the Vice Provost
for Student Affairs
*

	January 9, 2018

To: UVM Community

From:† Annie Stevens, Vice Provost for Student Affairs

Re:††††† Nathaniel Winschel (2019)

It is with great sadness that we inform the University community that
Nathaniel Winschel, an Anthropology student in the College of Arts and
Sciences, passed away suddenly on January 6, 2018 at his home in
Pittsburgh, PA. Nathaniel was an active member of the UVM community and
was well-known as a member of the Davis Center Operations student staff.

We extend our deepest condolences to Nathanielís family. Our sincere
thoughts of care and sympathy are also extended to his friends and to
faculty and staff who were close to him.

As is the case when any member of our community passes away, we are
bound to feel a profound sense of loss, and reactions are felt in a
variety of ways. If you or someone you know is in need of additional
support please do not hesitate to contact UVMís Counseling and
Psychiatry Services at (802) 656-3340 (for students) or Invest EAP at
(802) 864-EAPō (3270) or toll free at 1-866-660-9533 (for employee
assistance).