Office of the Vice Provost
for Student Affairs

January 9, 2018

To:†††††† UVM Community

From:† Annie Stevens, Vice Provost for Student Affairs

Re:††††† Nathaniel Winschel (2019)

It is with great sadness that we inform the University community that Nathaniel Winschel, an Anthropology student in the College of Arts and Sciences, passed away suddenly on January 6, 2018 at his home in Pittsburgh, PA. Nathaniel was an active member of the UVM community and was well-known as a member of the Davis Center Operations student staff.†

We extend our deepest condolences to Nathanielís family. Our sincere thoughts of care and sympathy are also extended to his friends and to faculty and staff who were close to him.

As is the case when any member of our community passes away, we are bound to feel a profound sense of loss, and reactions are felt in a variety of ways. If you or someone you know is in need of additional support please do not hesitate to contact UVMís Counseling and Psychiatry Services at (802) 656-3340 (for students) or Invest EAP at (802) 864-EAPō (3270) or toll free at 1-866-660-9533 (for employee assistance).