	*

	February 23, 2018

To the University of Vermont community:

It is with great sadness that we share that our UVM colleague Carol
Mauger passed away on Wednesday, following a brief and sudden illness.

For nearly 17 years, Carol worked in shipping and receiving for the
University Bookstore. She was well known not only to the UVM Bookstore
team but also by staff all over campus, as it was often Carol who made
the time-sensitive in-person UVM Bookstore deliveries. An active
volunteer in her church and community, Carol worked as stage manager for
the Essex Community Players and Shelburne Players theatre groups and
served as a Cub Scout den leader and Little League baseball coach.
Appreciated by all for her warm countenance and her spirited laugh,
Carol was known for her kindness, compassion, and genuine spirit, and
was beloved by her colleagues at UVM Bookstore and her friends
throughout her community.

We extend our deepest condolences to Carol's family, and offer sincere
thoughts of care and sympathy to Carol's co-workers, friends, and others
who were close to her. Information about tomorrow's visitation and
memorial service can be found here.

As is the case when any member of our community passes away, we are
bound to feel a profound sense of loss, and reactions are felt in a
variety of ways. If you or someone you know is in need of additional
support please do not hesitate to contact UVM's Counseling and
Psychiatry Services at (802) 656-3340 (for students) or Invest EAP at
(802) 864-EAPŘ (3270) or toll free at 1-866-660-9533 (for employee
assistance).

Sincerely,
Thomas Gustafson
Vice President, University Relations and Administration