I apologize in advance for the slightly off subject nature of this post.
I just returned from a trip to Ecuador and encountered Fabricio, a
very nice young Ecuadorian man who is part of the Sani community and
works as a boatman and assistant guide for the Sani Community at the
Sani Lodge which they run on the Napo River in the Amazon.
This fellow has no binoculars and can spot and identify many more
birds than I can with a good pair.
Chip Darmstadt from the North Branch Nature Center is going down in a
couple of weeks and has nicely agreed to bring him a pair (if I
provide him with them). I thought that I would check and see if
anyone has upgraded and has a serviceable binoculars that function
well (cosmetics unimportant) that might be gathering dust that they
would like to donate to a good cause.
I think that it would possibly make a big difference in this young mans life.

Please contact me off line at
[log in to unmask] mailto:[log in to unmask]

Thanks,
Josh Lincoln