None up the road in Mt Tabor either - seems like when the temps soar the birds disappear :-(  Sure hope colder temps bring them back for the GBBC!!

      From: Ruth <[log in to unmask]>
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 5:08 PM
 Subject: [VTBIRD] NO BIRDS! and chickadees

Unbelievably, I have seen NO birds at my feeders or suet today.  From dawn till I left the house at 9 a.m. - NO BIRDS!  Not a junco in sight. I looked around for predators, but saw none.  Now as dusk approaches... still not a bird at my feeders.  Is this happening any were else today - Thurs.?

 I have just read the summary report of this year's CBirdCounts  https://vtecostudies.org/blog/cbc-roundup-the-118th-christmas-bird-count-by-the-numbers/  EVERYONE, reported low numbers of chickadees.  This goes along with fewer birds at feeders during the fall... and who knows what the GBBC will turn up.  Has anyone speculated what has happened to the chickadees?    Die off?  moved south? hiding?  This is very disconcerting to me.

Ruth Stewart
E. Dorset, VT