Maybe it is too balmy down here in the Vermont Banana Belt?  I have notice three Red Tailed Hawks on my walks - not enough to keep the mouse population down.  I don't know the answer but I am sure that the crazy weather has something to do with it.  I was in Delaware last weekend for a funeral and I noticed a lot of vultures in NY, some not too far south of Albany.  I haven't seen them this far north at this time of the year.

Cheers,

Bob

________________________________
From: Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Maeve Kim <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, February 3, 2018 9:05 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Feeder birds missing again

Your missing critters are at our house, Bob: red squirrels and gray squirrels (sometimes three or four of each species), rabbits, lots of deer tracks and many criss-crossing tracks of very tiny creatures. Chipmunks, Im assuming, are still holed up for the winter, but they were at the feeders as late as early December.
Weve had three to four chickadees at one time, a few Tree Sparrows, as many as a dozen juncos, ten or more House Finches, many starlings, and one memorable day over 20 Mourning Doves - along with the usual single or pairs of cardinals, hairs, downies, titmice and White-breasted Nuthatches. (I read somewhere that if you see three chickadees, you might have as many as nine in the area. They line up like jets at OHare, coming in to the feeders one at a time.)
Maeve Kim
Jericho Center