Most male Snowys phase out most of the black when they reach maturity
around five years. The females and immature birds use the black for
camouflage against the rocks, ice, and snow of the tundra, the male's white
feathers assist in camouflage against the sky.

*Ian T. Miyashiro*
415-297-5677

“If you take care of the birds, you take care of most of the big problems
in the world.”
-Thomas Lovejoy