From: Neal Van Der Voorn [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2018 2:42 PM
To: Ann Glusker <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Beals, Brynn (Tacoma) <[log in to unmask]>; MEDLIB-L <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Clinical Staff at Western State Hospital Access to Databases

I have a simple question but unable to answer after I have been away from medical libraries since 2012 when I left MultiCare.

My former co-worker at Western State Hospital is suddenly receiving requests from WSH clinical staff  for access to evidence based medicine.  She is unable to help; she manages the patient library only.  WSH's medical library as well as all state employees no longer have access to these databases since 2002 when the State Library suffered huge budget cuts that have never been refunded.  What are the link to the databases that clinical staff in Washington State can search at no cost to them at the Health Sciences Library?  If I remember correctly the funding comes from the clinical license fees.

I will forward your answers to her.  Thanks very much.

Neal Van Der Voorn