From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Blobaum, Paul [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2018 9:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MEDLIB-L] Friday night PubMed question

Andre,

Perhaps this answers your question https://www.nlm.nih.gov/pubs/factsheets/dif_med_pub.html

Many citations in PubMed are "in process" for indexing as MEDLINE records; these are typically citations provided by publishers .   The PubMed citations that are indexed for MEDLINE are from Journals that meet the MEDLINE editorial standards as a MEDLINE journal.

Does this help?

Greetings from snowy Chicago, where we have had 24 hours of snow fall and quite a bit of accumulations!

paul

Paul Blobaum, M.A., M.S.            Follow my scholarship at: http://works.bepress.com/paul_blobaum
Full Professor
University Archivist
College of Health and Human Services Librarian Liaison
Scholarly Communications Librarian
Governors State University Library
University Park, IL  60484  708-534 4139  pblobaum at govst dot edu