Hello All,

My name is Kunal Palawat and I am a senior in the Rubenstein School. I am also a person of color and have been tracking a need to have an environmental organization on campus that exists to support people of color. To that end, some other students and I are formulating the  People of Color Environmental Collective (name subject to change). I would love it if you could spread the word to those who might be interested in being a part of this group and consider coming yourself.

Our first meeting  will be TOMORROW Thurs March 29th at 4:30pm in Aiken 311. This meeting is an affinity space for self-identified undergrads/grads/faculty/staff of color. The goal of this meeting is to start planning what this organization will look like and to build relationships between people of color across the environmental field. You do not have to be an environmental major to participate.

Reach out if you have any questions! My email is [log in to unmask].

Best,
Kunal Palawat

Kunal Palawat
University of Vermont Class of 2018
Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources
B.S. Environmental Science
Timeline of Racially Charged Events at UVM