You can get Office 2016 ProPlus for Windows, Mac or Office apps for your iOS and Android devices (total of five devices) for free as long as you are an employee. https://go.uvm.edu/getoffice

--Geoff

From: Technology Discussion at UVM <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Lawrence Houston
Sent: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 1:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: MS Windows 10 license activation, VirtualBox, retired staff

Windows 10 pro is $199.99 thru UVM or thru the MS website.    Please forgive the following gripe, (and possible sense of entitlement) but shouldn’t working for a place of higher learning, that seemingly buys lots of os/software licenses, get us some sort of discount?  My wife gets a discount thru her work where she can get Office 2016 Pro for around $10.  Without knowing how everything works here at UVM, I’m thinking there must be someone here who could negotiate with Microsoft to get better price points for UVM employees/retirees.   <end gripe>

Lawrence Houston
ETS DBA