Hi Christine,

In Colchester, we are tracking all Act 166 students within PowerSchool. We
create a course for each of the approved providers, with one teacher
assigned per course section. We just set them as 5-day a week courses. I
made an attendance code for NS - Not Scheduled. The providers all enter
their attendance monthly within PowerTeacher. Our Central Office then
processes the attendance and the payments based on the data that we have.
We weren't sure how the reception would be, but this is now our second year
doing it, and the feedback has been positive. The first year we let the
providers opt-in to use PowerTeacher. For this year, all providers were
asked to input attendance in PowerSchool.

It's helpful when the providers see the students listed in their section,
as they reach out quickly when a student is either missing or still listed
after the student has moved. It has really helped keep the information
consistent between the providers and our district for payment purposes.

Michelle M. Devino
Data Manager
Colchester School District
Help Desk: 802.264.5727