Our Conservation Commission wants to protect the beavers

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Bobbi Brimblecombe <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2018 4:19:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: BEAVERS

This has been an issue in Marshfield in places where the beavers are impacting roads. The Conservation Commission asked that the road crew look into beaver deceivers, etc. instead of trapping but so far we don't have a policy. There are some places where the beaver deceivers won't work, and some places where they do work.  I don't know if you are aware that the state has a "furbearer technician" to help towns figure out what to do. I don't have a contact number but you can check with ANR.