Sorry for being late in replying, I was away on vacation;

Sadly,

No way to do it on Chromebooks.
We ended up using some mac laptops and the "enhanced" dictation.
It is located in different spots of System Preferences depending on the
version of the OS.
The "enhanced" is important because it downloads the converter software to
the machine and works much better.
It does take a while to download and in some cases failed to download and
took several attempts to get it installed.
So, it would be a good idea to get those machines set up in advance and
also to have your kiddos work with it to become comfortable.

The other option is to have your proctors trained to do the "Scribing".

‌
<https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality&>