Perhaps I should have been more specific in my initial post, and I
apologize if what I stated was an over-exaggeration. It is not my intention
to throw shade on CTL, as they have been amazing. I simply wanted to know
if others were now in this position, and what they are doing to overcome
the projected inventory shortage.

So Specifically:

We are anticipating purchasing X number of NL61 Chromebooks. For this
model, CTL has notified me that due to demand and the limited supply that
the factories can produce, that "letters of intent" will not guarantee that
inventory will be available and deliverable in time. It is now first come,
first serve. To guarantee our order we need to provide a PO as soon as
possible. Admittedly I am not well versed in budgetary policies, rules
etc... So in my limited experience I would have assumed we simply provide a
PO, with provisions that payment and delivery not be made until July 1st.
My Business Manager advised me that because we haven't rolled our budget
over to FY 18-19 yet, we can't provide a PO for purchases for that year
until we do. I was also given the impression that we can't roll it over
until a certain time.

So for now, we plan to roll over the budget as soon as we can, and submit
the PO at the earliest we can. Maybe this will work, maybe we will have to
wait for our inventory to arrive later than expected.

I was simply wondering if anyone else was in the same situation, and what
solutions, if any, you would have to overcome this.