After reading the posts from Fred Pratt and Chip Darmstadt I thought it might be a good idea to check out Blueberry Lake in Warren after work today. I was not disappointed!! 13 Horned Grebes, 6 Red-necked Grebes, 2 Surf Scoters, 5 Buffleheads, 4 Greater Scaup, and a couple of Ring-necked ducks were gathered fairly close to shore which made for some nice viewing. It became apparent why they were in such close proximity when a mature Bald Eagle flew out from the opposite shore! In mid lake a lone Loon calmly floated along, seeming unconcerned about the threat from above.

And if Marcy Blauvelt is reading this, I met your daughter and her companion there. They were more excited about the Eagle, not so much the Grebes or Scoters ;)

Patti Haynes
Mad Birder

Sent from my iPhone