I spent years tending kestrel boxes, and sometimes they can evict
starlings, sometimes they just go find another spot.  The temperament
varies a lot-- some K-birds are ferocious defenders of territory, some
are honestly just wimps.

Good luck!  (If you have a ladder that can get you up there, cleaning
out the starling nest before they have eggs will help.  After eggs,
forget about it.)

Jane
Shoreham