Hello birders,

A flock of Red Crossbills just put in a brief appearance here at the North
Branch Nature Center in Montpelier. A flock of 8 birds flew in and landed
in one of the cedars bordering our parking lot. I’m wondering if this might
have been a family group, because at least one of the crossbills had heavy
streaking like a juvenile. I did see an adult male and an adult female, but
didn’t get good looks at the other birds.

Lots of other nice birds around as well, including Fox and Field Sparrow.

BTW, bird walk start up here the last Friday of April – and lots of other
birding programs coming up…

http://www.northbranchnaturecenter.org/nbncbirds.html

Cheers, Chip

Chip Darmstadt, Executive Director