Position available within VYCC’s Food & Farm Program, based in Richmond, VT –

Contact: Paul Feenan, [log in to unmask]

2018 Facilities & Equipment Lead

Vermont Youth Conservation Corps’ Food and Farm Program

www.vycc.org/farm

At The Farm at the Vermont Youth Conservation Corps (VYCC) we work with youth and young adults to provide the Health Care Share to our medical partners and their patient Members. This public health vegetable prescription program has been providing healthy food and job training to Vermonters since 2012. Each year the program grows. This expansion continues to provide youth and young adults alike opportunities to participate in a food, farming, youth and community development project at the VYCC.

In 2018 nearly 50 High School-aged Vermonters, guided by 15-20 field leaders will work and learn as they help grow and deliver vegetables and pasture raised poultry for the Health Care Share.  Most Farm at VYCC participants are AmeriCorps Service Members.

We are currently looking for an individual to lead farm construction, repair and maintenance projects. This individual will possess trade skills and experience. They will be responsible for interior and exterior construction projects as well as general farm maintenance and repair. In addition to facilities, qualified individuals may be called upon for vegetable farm equipment use, maintenance, repair, and fabrication. Other duties will be required as needed.

Those interested in learning more should first contact VYCC Food and Farm Director Paul Feenan at [log in to unmask]. This initial conversation will underscore the importance of our youth development programming and strong partnership with AmeriCorps.  Applicants should also be prepared to provide a resume, professional references as well as complete an AmeriCorps application: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=77947&fromSearch=true

Caelan Keenan

Food and Farm Program Manager

Vermont Youth Conservation Corps

W: 802.434.3969 / C: 248.882.0634 / VYCC.org

[log in to unmask]" alt="inverse long">

Yes, I want to support VYCC

Vermont Youth Conservation Corps

Today’s Youth, Tomorrow’s Leaders