From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Fleuriel, Christine
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 3:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Search help: "Timely" Documentation

Hello,

I got the request below from one of my nurses. I have searched in PubMed and
CINAHL unsuccessfully to find anything that addresses what is considered
"timely." I found some citations that addressed the idea that it's a good
thing, but not more precisely what it is. And, as the nurse put it, these
"soft" concepts are what can get nurses in a pickle in court. I searched
Documentation/standards, timely [text], and nurses/nursing. In the "two
heads are better than one" department, I am hoping that someone may have a
suggestion on how to find something on this topic. Thank you.

Can you help me find some resources or guidelines regarding "timely"
documentation? I have the ANA Principles of Documentation but am looking for
something that suggests some guidelines regarding what is "timely" and what
is not.

Chris
Christine Fleuriel, MSLIS
Chief, Library Services (142D)