*They did send it out in ClinicalKey updates - be sure to sign up! *

*http://elsevierresources.com/clinicalkey/clinicalkey/content-updates/
<http://elsevierresources.com/clinicalkey/clinicalkey/content-updates/>*

*If course, this has just encouraged me to continue hoarding all my old CK
update messages. *

*Here is the announcement with the list of errors:*

------------------------------

*Update: Details on dosage/drug errors in Rosen’s Emergency Medicine, 9e*
<http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ckrc/~3/el0CRKxtZJM/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

*Alert:* Dosage/drug errors have been found and are being corrected in *Rosen’s
Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice*, 9th edition. The title
is projected to be restored to ClinicalKey products the week of February 5,
2018.

Here are details on the corrections:

*In chapter 57* Chemical Injuries, page 728, within the Intravenous and
Intra-Arterial section under Management of Hydrofluoric Acid, paragraph 1,
line 4. The text should read “Subsequently, 10 ml of a 10% solution of
calcium gluconate in 30-40 ml of normal saline solution is infused over 2
minutes”.

*In chapter 142* Alcohol-Related Disease, page 1848, under Management
Considerations, paragraph 1, line 4-5. The text should read “Patients with
evidence of poor nutrition should receive thiamine, 300 to 500mg IV, before
or early during administration of glucose to prevent Wernicke-Korsakoff
syndrome”.

*In chapter 162* Procedural Sedation and Analgesia for the Pediatric
Patient, page 2008, Table 162.2, under the drug entry Pentobarbital. The
USUAL DOSE should read “1 to 2 mg/kg initial, repeated every 3 to 5 minutes
as necessary to desired effect or maximum dose”. The MAXIMUM DOSE should
read “100 mg/dose”. The ONSET should read “1 to 2 minutes”.

*In chapter 162* Procedural Sedation and Analgesia for the Pediatric
Patient, page 2017, Table 162.5, under the drug entry Fentanyl. The MAXIMUM
DOSE should read “1 to 2 μg/kg/dose” and “Usually 50 μg/dose in adults”.

*In chapter 165* Pediatric Trauma, page 2049, Table 165.4, under
Hyperosmolar Agents. The left column text should read “Mannitol (20%
solution)” and “Hypertonic saline (HTS) 3%”.

A Content Update message will be posted as soon as the title is restored.

*Here is the update when it was returned to CK, and how to get print
version fixes:*

*Rosen’s Emergency Medicine, 9e, has been restored to ClinicalKey*
<http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ckrc/~3/La807M4DwEI/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>

Dosage/drug errors have been found and corrected in *Rosen’s Emergency
Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice*, 9th edition. The corrected title
has been restored to ClinicalKey products.
If you wish to order stickers to correct your print copies and/or to send
to your customers, please contact Elsevier Customer Service at
*1-800-545-2522* or *[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]>.
Mention Sticker Part Number: 9996124398 and Errata Letter Part Number:
9996127613.

​
--
Nina McLaughlin, Library Assistant
University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center