Minority populations make up about 30% of Kalamazoo's population the balance is white.  A couple others that come to mind are:

The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson or Hillbilly Elegy by J.C. Vance.

-----Original Message-----
From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Miller, Jolene
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 10:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: FW: Literacy book needed for a common read

Even if you don't have a large African American population, I strongly recommend _Between the World and Me_.

Jolene M. Miller, MLS, AHIP
Director, Mulford Health Science Library Assistant Professor, Library Administration The University of Toledo Mulford Library Building, Room 416, Mail Stop 1061
3000 Arlington Ave.
Toledo, Ohio 43614-2598
419.383.4959
419.383.6141 (fax)