Hi Medlibbers,

I have a requestor looking for information on re-granting hospital privileges and/or re-credentialing for a physician who never stopped practicing medicine, but only practiced in the community only.   Originally they had privileges, but no longer do and is needing privileges again.  There is quite a bit in the literature and internet on physician re-entry process into practicing medicine again, but I haven't found anything on what I'm looking for.  Has anyone ever searched on this or can point me to direction of some info?  I did forward our medical staff credentialing policy to the requestor, but looking for more to add to this.

Many thanks in advance.

Tonia

  Tonia Harris, MLIS
  Manager of Library Services | Health Sciences Library
  Spartanburg Medical Center
   101 East Wood Street | Spartanburg, SC 29303
  o: 864-560-6220 | f: 864-560-6791
  e: [log in to unmask] | w: SpartanburgRegional.com